Thursday, December 22, 2011

Last Friday

OMG, last Friday was a busy busy day! It was the last day of school for the girls before the Christmas holdiays. I still had a few Christmas presents left to buy & I really wanted to finish up my shopping before Addy was out for 2 weeks. Shopping with 1 kid is hard enough, I really didn't want to Christmas shop with 2! So I dropped Addy off at school, came home & got Alex & myself ready for the day & then went to Target. I had just enough time to buy the few things that I needed to & then we had to go pick up Maryse from school. She had 2 semester exams & got out at 11:35. So Alex & I picked her up & then we went to Chili's for lunch. We had just enough time to eat & then I had to rush home to drop Maryse & Alex off while I went to Addy's school Christmas party. 

The party was lots of fun! The kids decorated cookies, played Christmas bingo (which I led) & played a game where they passed around a bag of candy. Addy decorated the cookie but she didn't play any of the games. (And I love that her teacher didn't force her to do anything she didn't want to do!)

working on her cookie

Addy's cookie that she decorated

Addy & Avery

Mrs. Cochran & Addy (her general ed teacher)

Mrs. Cardenas & Addy (her special education teacher)

Mrs. Berry & Addy (her aide)

I took Addy home with me from the party. We were home for about an hour & then we left for the Bass Pro Shop in Pearland. Maryse's mom was coming to pick her up & I wanted to take the kids to see Santa at the Bass Pro Shop so I just told her we would meet her there. Both the kids said that they wanted to see Santa. And they did want to "see" him. Just not sit on his lap! Alex said no to that & Addy wanted to but she didn't want to wait in line. So oh well, no pictures with Santa again this year! The kids loved the Bass Pro Shop. They played on a boat, sat on a 4 wheeler, Addy shot a laser bb style gun, they drove remote control cars, colored a Christmas picture & made a snowman ornament. It was a fun time!

Maryse's mom texted her that she was there, so it was time to leave. Both Addy & Alex were sad to go so I told them maybe daddy could meet us at Chuck E Cheese for dinner. I called Nick & he said why don't we go the next day for lunch & I said ok. So I drove home. As soon as we pulled in the driveway, Alex started crying. He said "No, I don't want to go home. I want to go to Chuck E. Cheese." He was in tears as I got him out of the car. Nick asked him what was wrong & again he said he wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese. So Nick said "Ok, let's go!"

And so that's how we spent the rest of the night, eating pizza & playing games at Chuck E. Cheese. We got home around 8pm, just in time for baths & bedtime! It was a long & busy day but lots & lots of fun!

P.S. All these pictures were taken on my phone, so they are not the best quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.