After making the painted Santas at Christmas time, I still had a lot of rolled canvas left over. So I decided to make a heart for my front door for Valentine's Day. Here's how I made it...
black paint pen
1 piece of posterboard
hot glue gun & glue
1. I drew a heart on a piece of posterboard. Then I cut it out & used it as a template. I then traced the template onto the canvas 2 times, one for the front & one for the back. Then I painted the hearts red.
2. After the red paint was dry, I stenciled The Stricklands on one of the hearts with a black paint pen.
3. When the black paint was dry, I cut both the hearts out. I put them together with the unpainted sides touching. I hotglued around the edges, stuffing with polyfil while gluing.
4. Once the heart was completely stuffed & glued together, I used a hole punch & cut a hole in the top of the heart.
5. Then I cut a piece of Valentine's ribbon & strung it through the hole. I tied a bow in the top & used that to hang the heart.
I thought it turned out really cute, so I made one for my mom & for my sisters and one for each of Addy's teachers for Valentine's Day.